We Searched. We Sifted. We Selected.
Without further adieu, we are proud to introduce you to the two newest members of Team PUI. You will definitely see these two wandering (not aimlessly) the halls of the Innovation Depot, and it is very likely they will join us for a few client events, meetings, and luncheons in the coming weeks. Make sure to say “hi!” and introduce yourself – we are pretty sure they don’t bite.
Casey received her bachelor’s degree in Social Work from Auburn University and received her master’s degree in Social Work from The University of Alabama. During her graduate years, she interned with Wider Opportunities for Women, in Washington, D.C., and worked on projects to establish economic security for older adults. Casey has a keen eye for assisting others as they work to develop personally and professionally and seeks to work for an organization with a “people first” mission.
Casey has a variety of experiences, both professionally and personally. She has worked for the Walt Disney Company as a seasonal cast member since 2007 (but she cannot tell you what she does – they are sworn to secrecy!) and she is a certified Zumba instructor at a local YMCA.
Welcome Casey to the team and e-mail her today!
Aya is marketing major for the University of Montevallo working to earn her B.S. degree within the next two years. Aya joined PUI with hopes of obtaining relevant work experience within her course of study. She is eager to learn as much as possible about fundraising, event planning, project management, marketing and sales.
Aya plans to travel back to her hometown of Baghdad, Iraq, to help rebuild her community. Aya hopes to join or organize a project to help Iraqi women and children. She is driven by creativity and inspired by the people who dedicate their time and efforts to helping those who are in need.
Welcome Aya to the team and e-mail her today!
Welcome to Team PUI, ladies!
Applications for our Spring 2012 Internship Opportunities are now open!
Interested students should submit your resume, cover letter, writing sample (just something you are proud of from one of your classes – no need to create something new) and at least 2 references to email@example.com no later than February 10, 2012. Read the full position description now.
Who are we looking for?
- A marketing, communications, nonprofit management or business major.
- Someone who really wants to get some relevant work experience THIS semester.
- Attitude: Flexible, Fun, Focused, Forgiving
- Critical Skills: Confident writer/editor, organized, intense attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision and take ownership of tasks.
- Education: No less than five full-time semesters completed. Traditional students preferred. Juniors and Seniors only.
What to expect?
At PUI, we have our hands in multiple projects on any given day. As a PUI intern, you can expect to hear a lot about:
Nonprofit Fundraising Customer Service Office Administration
Event Planning Marketing and Sales Project Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate or respond to e-mails and phone calls from volunteers leaders. Take meeting notes.
- Data entry into important databases, including Excel Spreadsheets and online databases.
- Make phone calls to venues, caterers, photographers and others for special events. Sometimes our work pace feels like a competitive reality TV show, but without the cursing and fighting.
- Write and edit copy for electronic newsletters, website copy and social media updates.
- On-site support (based on availability) for meetings and events. Our important dates must be confirmed on your schedule before your internship begins.
- Other projects as assigned.
Schedule and Compensation
March 1, 2012 – April 30, 2012
Our intern should expect to be with us from March 1, 2012 – April 30, 2012. You should be able to dedicate at least 20 daytime hours per week between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm to Projects Unlimited and our clients. The actual days and times you work are completely negotiable as long as the other criteria are met.
$750 + Bonus Opportunities
Our interns will be compensated with a $750 stipend paid upon successful completion of your internship. BONUS POTENTIAL: A performance bonus of $500 is available for those that exceed our expectations, and high performing interns will have preference for paid summer internships.
Applicant To Do’s:
- Read the full position description.
- Only apply if you are Junior or Senior in one of the listed majors with at least 5 full semesters of school completed.
- Make sure to submit all the items listed: resume, cover letter, writing sample,and at least 2 references.
- Submit your application materials by February 10, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure you meet the criteria listed before applying.
We look forward to having you as part of our team!